Our Customer Confidentiality Policy
Customers trust us with not only their money and time but their personal information. Our responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of this information is one we treat with the greatest respect. As such, CTBC Financial Holding Co., Ltd. and its Taiwan-based subsidiaries (collectively, "we", "us", or "our") provide this Customer Confidentiality Policy so customers can understand what we collect, process, store, and use—and how we do it—in accordance with the Financial Holding Company Act, the Rules Concerning Cross-Selling by Financial Holding Company Subsidiaries, the Personal Information Protection Act, and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Personal information, including name or company name, date of birth or establishment, ID number or government uniform invoice number, phone number, address, email address, legal capacity, and related party or enterprise
- Account information, including account number or similar, credit or cash card account number, deposit account number, transaction account number, deposit and loan or transfer/remittance transaction data, and other transaction and financial information
- Credit information, including records of bounced checks, cancellations, rejections, credit and guarantee transactions, and business operation status
- Investment information, including the value and timing of the purchase and sale of investment products, including derivatives
- Insurance information, including the type, term, coverage, payment method, claims status, and rejection record of insurance policies
- To comply with government regulations
In order to comply with the relevant laws and regulations or to cooperate with the investigation of relevant government agencies, customer information may be disclosed to CTBC Financial Holding Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries, competent authorities, tax collection authorities, courts, judicial authorities, and other agencies that have investigative power.
- Information exchange among subsidiaries
To provide a comprehensive range of financial products and services to customers, their information may be provided to our subsidiaries for archiving, disclosure, transferal, and exchanging for marketing purposes to the extent permitted by law or as consented to by the customer. The subsidiaries who may share and receive customer information are as follows:
CTBC Bank Co., Ltd.
Taiwan Life Insurance Co., Ltd.
CTBC Securities Co., Ltd.
CTBC Venture Capital Co., Ltd.
CTBC Asset Management Co., Ltd.
CTBC Investments Co., Ltd.
CTBC Security Co., Ltd.
Taiwan Lottery Co., Ltd.
CTBC Insurance Co., Ltd.
CTBC Finance Co., Ltd.
CTBC Securities Investment Service Co., Ltd.
CTBC Securities Venture Capital Co., Ltd
Any change to this Customer Confidentiality Policy will be announced on the websites of CTBC Holding and its subsidiaries or disclosed through other public channels as designated by the competent authorities.