Our subsidiaries

CTBC Investments

As part of our efforts to grow and diversify our operations, CTBC Holding obtained a 98.6% stake in Truswell Securities Investment Trust in November 2012. The following January, its name was changed to CTBC Investments and in June that year we obtained the remaining 1.4% to become the sole stakeholder.

CTBC Investments excels in fund investment and management. By integrating the group’s resources and designing a development strategy based on the real needs of real customers, it covers a broad range of asset management services including mutual funds, ETFs, discretionary investments, and private funds, futures funds. It also cooperates with overseas strategic partners to serve as an offshore fund master agent and complement its domestic resources.

The company marked a new milestone in 2020, when it opened a branch in central Taiwan’s Taichung City. The location in one of the country’s largest city marked a key step up in CTBC Investments’ capacity to provide a full-scale investment management service – critical to managing its growing business and further deepening its localization.

CTBC Investments is also leading its peers in issuing Taiwan’s first momentum funds, ranging from the Elderly Fund and Smart City Fund to the fist Municipal Bond ETF in Asia, the first emerging Asia ETF in Taiwan, and the first Chinese large tech stock ETF in Taiwan.

The subsidiary has also been pioneering the distribution of monthly dividends for ETFs – an innovation aimed at benefiting investors’ cash flow management. In 2020, CTBC Investments had launched the first onshore Vietnam Equity Fund; in 2021, CTBC 15+ Year Developed Markets US Corporate Best-in-Class ESG Bond ETF, CTBC Taiwan ESG Leading Semiconductor ETF…etc., were introduced to the market back to back. Indeed, CTBC Investments is notable for its dedication to and track record of developing innovative and differentiated products. As of 2020, it had issued 11 onshore funds and 18 ETFs and served as the master agent of 11 offshore funds.

Investor education is also a top priority for CTBC Investments, which regularly invites investment managers and popular wealth management experts to share their investment and risk management knowledge at ETF investment lectures and workshops. And, unlike traditional meetings of this kind, our events incorporate exciting new technologies that not only get attendees’ more engaged but communicate the speakers’ key points with extra clarity. Since 2020, under the influence of Covid-19 and adherence to the social distance rules, we have swiftly changed the physical events to online live-streaming shows to keep interacting with investors. These efforts have been widely lauded by the public and industry alike, most recently in the form of the 2020/2021 Best Investor Education Award from Asia Asset Management.